Give me a break. And I’m not talking the Kit-Kat kind of break. Unless the Kit-Kat is soaking in a White Russian on the rocks. (yum! that sounds so good.)
Let’s face it, we all have an inner alcoholic when it comes to having a good time. I know I sure do! Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying I have to consume alcohol in order to have a good time. It just gives me a kick start. Ha. With Summer much closer than you’d think, what better way to greet it? I’m a sucker for details, even when it comes to cocktails. I don’t like anything BASIC when planning a soirée. Not even my shots! Think bridal showers and wine nights – how much more likely are your girlfriends to snap a picture of their drinks if it looks like a masterpiece? Exactly! Here’s my simple advice:
- My favorite classic cup that works for any liquor based drink is the low ball scotch glass. I hate the classic margarita glasses. I don’t know why, I just do. Think outside the box when serving.
- Use food coloring to give your drink (or your ice cubes) a different hue.
- Freeze your berries and use them as ice. I love the way it looks! You can even freeze them IN your ice.
- Rim the tips of your glasses with lemon/lime juice & dip into sugar or salt. (depending on the cocktail) If your cocktail is spicy, add cayenne pepper to the salt to create a spicy rim!
- Use lemon or lime zest. Grate it over your drink. Yummy + Cute. (you can also grate chocolate, I always do this for my White Russians) 😉
- Use edible flowers (I get mine from whole foods) to garnish.
Using a tiny ice cream scooper, scoop out melon balls, freeze & serve over any refreshing concoction on a hot summer night. P.S. these are the low ball scotch glasses I previously mentioned. Chic right?
Freeze coffee in an ice cube tray, serve over some Bailey’s + cinammon!
See how fabulous frozen fruit skewers look? I love the kumquats, different from your typical berries.
A yummy Moscow mule served in a rose gold copper mug, garnished with candied ginger + pineapple. A fun twist on a classic.
I tried candying lemon slices once for a dessert I had made and they turned out amazing. I can’t wait to candy kumquats next and use them as a cocktail garnish!
Cotton candy + an old fashioned. Gives a “manly” drink a flirty vibe. Cotton candy makes everything look so pretty!